26/08/2016

Scientist de la famille - Scrap FX


Hello there! Welcome back to see my projects with the new Scrap FX release. Yesterday I shared my first page and today it's time to share this other one!

With this other page I did something special - and used a white cardstock as the background instead of a patterned paper. But I still carried on with quite similar steps like in the first page - first build a mixed media background, then added my photo and layered papers and then the embellishments. If you want to see the step by step tutorial, please see yesterday's post (link).


For this page I started by adding some watercolors to the cardstock. On top I then stamped the words using the "House and Home" stamp and watersoluble oil pastels. On top I then created a pattern using the "Art Deco" stencil and Modeling Paste. After it had dried I then added my layered papers and photo. I mixed a piece from the "Vocational" transparency in the layers, too.

I used the "Scientist" chippie as my main title but added a word from the "#French" set in there as well. The embellishments include a light bulb from the "Light Bulbs" set and some "Microbes", all colored black. As the finishing touch I added some doodled circles here and there using the "Random Dots" stencil as my guide.

Where the first page was about my younger, I made the other page about my older daughter. Like in the first page, I could have done this page about both of them, but they are very different scientist types, my girls. Where as my younger is more hands on ("I wonder what will happen if I push this"), my older is more of a philosopher and physicist ("I probably will figure out what will happen if that is pushed if I ponder it for a while"). One of her favorite things to ask and think about when she was younger was how rain and thunder works, that's why I chose to go with that picture.

Have a great weekend!


Materials from Scrap FX:



Materials: Scrap FX, 7 Dots Studio, Elizabeth Craft Designs, Prima Marketing, Teippitarha, Ranger

1 comment:

Kathy Bradley said...

Your page is beautiful, Riikka - and I love the photo of your little one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...