24/10/2016

Hip Hip Hooray Seven - Scrap FX


Hi there! Yesterday I showed my first page with the new Scrap FX collection and today it's time to show you the other one. Where the first page was sweet and romantic, the other one is a bit more modern and colorful. You can see them both naturally here in my blog but also in the Scrap FX blog (link), in the original post.


In this layout I documented my older daughter's birthday party. Each year they can choose a theme or color in which we decorate the room and use that also as inspiration to the food we're going to serve. Last year, when she turned seven, she chose Disney's Merida as the theme. I sewed her a Merida dress, we had blueberry cheesecake (she asked for it) and during the kid's party we for example made witch's brew and the kids got a bear claw pendant as reward.

I chose a minty green patterned paper with dots as my background as it was happy and birthday like. Otherwise I then used dark blue and white, both colors were present in the Merida dress I sewed.

The main element in the background is the word "seven" from the "Milestone Card Seven". I glued it to the page and then painted gesso on top. The first blue layers are made with mist and watercolors and on top there's a subtle pattern made with the "Cool Circles" stencil. The big white numbers in the edges of the page are done with the "Fancy Number" stamps and embossed with white embossing powder. I used the same powder also to coat the "Hip Hip Hooray" chippie.

On top of the "seven" in the background and the "hooray" in the title, there's also one more word in the page. It's one of the hashtag words from the "#party" set. I painted that blue with watercolors and then added white "stitching" on top using a gel pen. The same way I treated also the pinwheel chipboard, which is peeking above the photo.

Thank you for stopping by today! Hope you've had a lovely start to the week so far! 


Supplies from Scrap FX:



Materials: Scrap FX, 7 Dots Studio, Wow Embossing Powder, Prima Marketing


2 comments:

Jaana H-V said...

Voih, kaunis on!

Kathy Bradley said...

Riikka - beautiful page!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...