10/11/2017

Inspired By... warmth



It's again the 10th of the month and time for the "Inspired by" creation! But what is Inspired by? Every month awesome Marsha and I choose a subject to be inspired by. It can be for example an idea (link), a product (link), a poem (link), a movie (link) or a book (link). Or anything! Then we make something inspired by that theme or a piece of art and share it with you and each other on the 10th of the month. You can browse the past "Inspired By" posts from here (link).


Remember when we did an Inspired by with light (link)? I really liked the idea of being inspired by a single word. So I think it might have been me who suggested to be inspired by a word. Considering the upcoming season we chose warmth to be the word. 

My first thought was connected to home and the fuzzy feeling family, home and everything familiar creates. Then I started to think about the actual physical feeling of warmth - sweaters, heating, fire. The more I thought about it, the more I got interested about the idea of fire. And then it hit me - to combine the fire inside and outside so to say. To use an element of fire but also depict something that makes me feel warm inside, something I hold dear.


So I chose tiny matchboxes as my base and decorated them with different elements. One is representing my family with a huge heart and numbers 2 and 1 - two daughters, one man. Then there's one representing my passion to create things with an old brush tip, a butterfly wing (letting thoughts soar) and finally third about friends embellished with a plug and a knob with "Art" on it. Those two mean the music friends and art friends, kind of two circles in my life. 

Underneath you can see them all, all three together. They are all made using same mediums but only the embellishments differ. 


I'm not sure if it's my love for black gesso which resulted the black color or the fact that it's my favorite color. Or maybe it was kind of "darkness before light" thing. But anyhow, I started by coloring the boxes with black gesso and then collaged the embellishments on top. 

To color the projects I used the Art Alchemy waxes and went with the primaries. Well, sort of. I used gold (like yellow) and red and blue.


So there you have it! My interpretation of "warmth". I wonder what Marsha has done this time! aybe something connected with home? Or something to keep warm? Let's go together to see - here's the link for you (link)

Thank you for stopping by today! All the best and great day to you! 


Materials: Prima Marketing


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...